SANRAL is committed to developing skills of students who express an interest in studying and building a career within the Civil Engineering industry. We therefore invite candidates studying towards a university degree in BEng / BSc Civil Engineering or postgraduate in civil engineering to apply for bursaries.
Consideration will be given to needy students who have successfully completed their first year of university studies or those currently registered for 2nd, 3rd, 4th year and postgraduate studies. However, strongly motivated applications from matriculants with at least 70% for mathematics and science students studying towards the above Engineering fields, and registered with a university will also be considered.
THE BURSARY AWARDED TO EACH STUDENT SHALL BE A FULL AWARD AND WILL COVER:
- Tuition / Registration
- Accommodation / Meals
- Books / Equipment plus compulsory excursion and seminars
- Living Allowance.
INDUCTION PROGRAMME FOR NEW BURSARY STUDENTS
We will invite all new students awarded bursaries for an induction session to brief them about SANRAL’s activities. We also develop the buddy system with students where we develop relationships with them and the Project Manager who will assist them with information required for their academic projects.
VACATION WORK & INTERNSHIPS
- We provide an opportunity for interns to use the workplace as an active learning environment
- We provide opportunities for new entrants with a view to acquire skills that would make them employable
- We assist students to obtain required practical experience and to complete their qualifications
- These programmes provide SANRAL with an opportunity to compile a database of prospective employees for future recruitment purposes.
POSITIONS AT SANRAL
To fulfill roles related to the expansion, maintenance and development of the national road network, SANRAL needs to employ professionals with a civil engineering degree with the following qualifications:
- Structural Engineering
- Traffic and Transport Engineering
- Road Engineering
- Geotechnical Engineering
- Project Management
- Environmental Engineering
- Hydrology and Stormwater Engineering
- Hydraulic and Water Engineering.
To fulfill the roles related to the Intelligence Transport System (ITS) including Electronic Toll Systems, SANRAL acquires professionals with qualifications in:
- Electrical Engineering
- Computer Engineering
- Electronics Engineering.
POSTGRADUATE QUALIFICATIONS IN RELATED FIELDS ARE A DEFINITE ADVANTAGE AND SANRAL BURSARIES ARE AVAILABLE TO STUDY FULL.
TIME OR PART TIME IF YOU ARE A PERMANENT STAFF MEMBER OF SANRAL.
OUR REQUIREMENTS FOR THE BURSARY ARE AS FOLLOWS:
- A comprehensive CV
- Certified copies of recent academic record, confirmation of registration
- Certified copy of South African identification document
- South African citizenship
- Motivational letter
- Parents’ or guardian’s certified copy of identification document
- Parents’ or guardian’s proof of income.
OUR REQUIREMENTS FOR VACATION WORK AND INTERNSHIPS
- A comprehensive CV or you can request an application form from us
- An application stating your requirements
- Provide duration of the assignment needed
- The application must be forwarded to us approximately 2
- 3 months before commencement date
- A copy of your valid driver’s licence
- You will be required to do a presentation after the assignment.
OUR REQUIREMENTS FOR FULL-TIME JOB APPLICATIONS
- A comprehensive CV and motivational letter
- Certified copies of your South African ID, matric certificate and academic transcripts
- A copy of your driver’s licence if applicable
- Please forward your application to SANRAL addressed to the Corporate Services Executive PO Box 415 Pretoria 0001.
HOW IT WORKSTHE REQUIREMENTSAPPLICATION PROCESS
Consideration will be given to needy South African students who have successfully completed their first year of university studies or those currently registered for 2nd, 3rd, 4th year and postgraduate studies. However, strongly motivated applications from first year students studying towards the Bachelor of Science or Bachelor of Engineering degree in Civil Engineering and registered with a university will be considered.Bursary applicants will not be considered if they fail any subject in the current academic year. If in Grade 12 applicants should achieve the minimum of 70% in both mathematics and physical science and minimum of 70% for English.
- Applicants should not be a recipient of any other bursary or financial assistance from any institution
- Applicants must be registered or about to register at a recognised tertiary education institution in South Africa
- Applicants must be South African citizens.
- Academic proficiency as proven by latest academic report
- Financial circumstances (means test)
- Field of study
- Behavioural competencies
- Representation (female, rural, disabled and race)
- Validation of ID and qualification
- Preference will be given to previously disadvantaged students, in line with SANRAL’s Employment Equity Policy, and consideration will be based on academic performance and financial need (as per SANRAL Bursary Policy).
Closing Date: 30 September 2019.