Applications for: Post Basic Nursing Diploma (R212) including (R48) and a four year diploma in Nursing (R425)
The Lilitha College of Nursing invites applications for: Post Basic Diplomas in Nurse Science (R48): Clinical Health Assessment. Treatment and Care (PHCI (R212) Advanced Midwifery and Neonatal Care, Child Nursing Science, Operating Thea Critical Care, Orthopedie Nursing Science and Ophthalmic Nursing Science Basic Diploma: (R425) Four Year Diploma in Nursing Science and Midwifery cute leading to Registration as a Nurse (General, Community. Psychiatry and Midwifery from young, compassionate and caring individuals who are passionate about nursing and wish to start their career in Nursing Profession in the Eastern Cape Province or upgrade their current nursing status (having been granted Study Leave by the current Employer).
- A well written application letter accompanied by the following documents
- Certified copy of a valid Grade 12 certificate with aggregate D or E/S (from 750 and above) – old certificate and meet minimum requirements for admission to a Bachelor’s Degree or Diploma for the new certificate
- The certificate must have the following subjects as they are compulsory: English Level 3 and above/E symbol – old certificate and Biology (Life Science Level 4 and above/E symbol-old certificates, other science subjects Physical Science Mathematics/Maths Literacy, Geography, Life Orientation will be an added advantage as the Admission Point System (with minimum points of 18) will be utilized to select these candidates
- Certified copy of study leave or letter from supervisor indicating that study leave being processed for government employees
- Certified copy of identity document
- Certified copy of a marriage certificate for married candidates
- Curriculum vitae with reliable contact numbers and clear physical address indicatie the town farm/village of origin AS A CATCHMENT AREA
- An original bank copy of a R50.00 deposit sipas proof of having deposited the R50.00 non-refundable application fee to:
Account Name Lilitha College of Nursing Bank
First National Bank Branch: Bhisho
Account Number: 62407182229
Branch Code 210619
Reference : APP -Name and Surname
- Students currently doing Grade 12 will not be able to apply as registration with SANC as a student will be finalized first week of December 2019 and a certificates a requirement for registration,
- Post Basic Diploma applicants must attach a copy of current SANC license to practice and must have been exposed in the specialist field/discipline applying for:
- Age limit for the Four Year Diploma R425 for those who are currently not practicing as nurses is 35 years on registration with Lilitha College of Nursing, and for serving officers is 45 years
How to Apply
Your application must be sent to a main campus nearest to your place of residence.
Umthatha Main Campus – Mthatha General Hospital
Private Bag X 5014
EAST LONDON CAMPUS
40 Lennox Road, Amalinda
Private Bag X 9023
East London, 5200
Queenstown Campus Lilitha-Frontier Hospital
Queenstown Health Resource Centre
Private Bag X7063
PORT ELIZABETH CAMPUS (OLD SHIRLEY Central CRIBB NURSING COLLEGE BUILDING)
56 Park Drive
Port Elizabeth, 6000
St Elizabeth Hospital
Private Bag X 1007
The courses will commence on:
- Diploma in Nursing Science (general, Community, Psychiatry) and Midwifery (R425), 01 February 2020,
- Post Basic Diplomas: R212:01 March 2020
- Post Basic Diplomas: R48:01 January 2020 Faxed applications will not be processed.
Enquiries: Ms S. Fanti 0043 700 9726.
Closing Date: 5th July 2019.