Job Title: Maintenance Operator GR1: Instrumentations
Operating entity: Secunda Operations
Geographical area: Secunda, Mpumalanga, South Africa
ABOUT THE ROLE / PURPOSE OF THE JOB
To support the Instrument maintenance department in providing effective equipment maintenance and reliability to ensure maximum plant availability while adhering to applicable codes and procedures.
- Assist artisans in performing their daily task
- Maintain and issue test gauges
- Overhauling of instrumentation, including sand blasting and spray painting
- Maintaining different store areas to relevant standards
- Communication: verbal and written
- Maintain good housekeeping in the workshop and other areas of responsibility
- Attend and participate in safety meetings and toolbox talks
- Follow applicable work instructions
- Identifying unsafe conditions and acts
- Report all deviations.
- Grade 12 Academic Maths and Science
- Driver’s license.
- Use of basic hand tools
- Prior experience in a maintenance environment will be an advantage.
KEY COMPETENCIES REQUIRED
- Attend training courses and seminars as per training matrix to improve competency and skills
- Identifies personal training and development needs and incorporates info in PDP with group leader approval
- Support the goal and vision of the business by meeting deadlines.
- Good physical and mental health
- Good interpersonal skills
- Ability to work under pressure
- Willingness to learn
- Willing to work overtime as and when required
- Willing to work in all weather conditions
- Following procedures and instructions
- Display a sense of ownership.
Note: Failure to provide Sasol with truthful information and valid documents will render your application null and void. If you don’t hear from us within 2 months (60 days) after the closing date of the advert, please regard your application as unsuccessful.
How to Apply: Apply Here.
Closing Date: 30 June 2019.