Location: Johannesburg, Midrand and Devland.
Applications are invited from suitably qualified persons to fill the above vacancy within the Warehouse Department. Key purpose the purpose of this program is to equip learners to understand and acquaint themselves with the underlying principles of all of the major areas related to distribution within the Wholesale & Retail sector, thus enabling them to become more effective employees. This Certificate provides learners with grounding in all areas of Distribution. This may enable them not only to increase their productivity within the Wholesale and Retail Sector but also to apply their learning in various other business environments.
Key Duties & Responsibilities
The qualified learner will be exposed to :
- Reading, writing and verbal communication within the distribution environment
- Rational and irrational numbers and number systems
- Receiving of stock into the wholesale or retail outlet
- Maintaining stock balances
- Safe delivery of stock to customers
- Legal requirement, organization policies and procedures for the transportation of goods
- Administrative functions related to stock receipt and delivery
- The packing of stock in appropriately selected areas
- Picking of stock
- The financial impact of stock on the business
- Picking, packing and movement of stock in order to minimize damages
- Stock flow through the DC/Warehouse
- The recording of stock movement on the stock management system
- Stock take procedures
- The wholesale & retail business environment
- Legislation regarding Occupational Health and Safety and applicable safety procedures in the workplace
- Appropriate actions to be taken with regards to hazards and emergency situations
- Maintaining of Internal and external housekeeping standards
- Maintaining of Customer service and satisfaction levels.
- Attention to detail
- Ability to interact well in teams
- Ability to work effectively in teams
Skills, Experience & Education
Qualifications & Experience:
- Minimum Matric with Mathematics and Science
- Diploma: Logistics Management an added advantage
- No Experience required.
The advert has minimum requirements listed. Management reserves the right to use additional or relevant information as criteria for short-listing.
Closing Date: 09 July 2019.